I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now and feel that I'm pretty good. I've only had a couple informal lessons and the supermajority of my progress has been through teaching myself. When I fail to find a suitable explanation for a certain piece of theory, I'll just go into Illustrator and make a diagram of my own to help it make sense. As such, I've got a host of material for learning guitar which came about organically from regular practice. Additionally, when I don't have a song to work on, I'll repeat scales and finger drills with the intention of slowly adding to my dexterity.
I mention this for two reasons. First, I intend on hosting the learning materials I've designed on a free guitar lessons site. It will differ from nearly all online guitar lessons sites (of which there are many) in that I hope to provide one or two in-person lessons to get people going.
Second, and more importantly, I understand ,through the process of learning guitar, that setting small goals and hitting them daily is immensely effective.
Paying back loans requires cutting or adding a few dollars a day, freeing up time involves becoming slowly more efficient or eliminating wasteful activities, and taking on big challenges, like becoming a millionaire and converting cars to electric, just takes a gradual accumulation of effort.
